Related Links
   About Us



Where is my local office?

Our offices are located at the following addresses:

Head Office - 39 Brighton Avenue, Allston, MA 02134

62 Boylston Street Office - 62 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116

Arlington Office - 50 Grove Street, Arlington, MA 02472

Atrium Office - 1079 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215

Brockton Office - 30 Oak Street Extension #101, Brockton, MA 02301

Dexter Park Office - 175-185 Freeman Street, Brookline, MA 02446

Framingham Office - 15 Queensway #1, Framingham, MA 01701

Quincy Office - 165 Quincy Shore Drive, Suite B28, Quincy, MA 02169

Watertown Office - 233 Main Street, Watertown, MA 02472

Woburn/Westgate Office - 1 Westgate Drive, Woburn, MA 01801

Worcester Office - 382 Sunderland Road #25, Worcester, MA 01604

If you are not sure which office manages your apartment building or business, please call (617) 783-0039 to be directed to the correct site office.

When is rent due?

Rent is due in full on the first of each month, even if you signed your lease on a different day or your lease started on a different day.

Where do I bring in or mail my rent check, renewal or other paperwork?

Send or bring in any checks or paperwork to your local site office.

Where do I find my User Name & Password so I can pay my rent online?

Please contact the Property Coordinator of your building at your local site office. They will be able to provide you with your User Name and Password.

Are there fees associated with paying rent online?

Fees vary by property and are calculated based on the average rent of the property. There is a higher convenience fee associated with credit card transactions versus electronic checking or e-check transactions. We strongly encourage tenants to pay via electronic checking. You will be prompted with the amount of the fee at the time of transaction.

Can I break my lease and move out before the lease end date?

Yes, however, if you need to break your lease for any reason, there is an Early Termination Fee equivalent to half a month’s rent. We will list your apartment immediately, but you will be responsible for the rent until your apartment is re-rented, or until the lease ends, whichever comes first. You will also be responsible for the difference in rent, if applicable, and any costs associated with re-renting your apartment, including any commission paid to rental/leasing agents/brokers.

How do I add someone to the lease or take someone off the lease?

You may complete a Roommate Substitution Agreement at any time during your lease to add or remove a roommate. All roommates on the lease must agree to the changes by signing the Agreement, including anyone being removed from the lease. All roommates must also abide by the occupancy standards stated in the lease when doing a roommate change. Anyone over the age of 18 must complete the Rental Application and be approved before they are allowed to move in. Contact your Property Coordinator for more details and the Roommate Substitution Agreement paperwork. Fees of at least $500 may apply.

How do file a noise complaint or any other complaint against another resident?

If you have a complaint against another resident, please submit your complaint in writing (a letter or email will suffice) to your local site office. Please include the address of the resident involved, the date(s) and time(s) of the incident(s) and a brief description of the issue. All complaints are always kept anonymous and confidential.

Can I paint my apartment?

If you would like to paint the walls in your apartment, you must first get approval from the Maintenance Department. If approval is given, you must repaint all the walls using the original color when you move out, or charges will be applied to your account. The Maintenance Department can provide you with this paint for a $10 deposit (cash or check) per gallon can of paint. This money will be refunded to you when you return the can(s) of paint to the office, even if they are empty. You may also borrow paint at the same cost to touch up the paint inside your apartment.

I am going out of town for an extended period of time. What do I need to know? (what to set heat at, where to park, how to pay rent)

If you are going out of town, you may pay your rent online or deliver post-dated checks to your local site office before you leave. If you are leaving your car in one of our parking lots, please make sure your parking stickers are up-to-date so that you do not get towed. If you are leaving in the winter, do not turn your radiators off or set your thermostat below 62 degrees Fahrenheit to prevent your pipes from freezing. If they freeze, they may burst, which can cause severe water damage for which you would be held responsible. Feel free to call your local site office for more details.

I just had a baby. Do I need to let you know?

Yes, any changes to the size of your family should be documented. Please contact your local site office for further instructions.

I just got married. Do I need to change my name on the lease? Do I need to add my spouse to the lease?

Yes, any name changes should be reported and updated in your tenant file. If your spouse does not already live with you, they will need to fill out an application to be added to the lease. Please contact your local site office for further instructions.

My child just turned 18. Do I need to add them to the lease?

Yes, anyone over the age of 18 who will be living in the apartment must be listed on the lease. Please contact your local site office for further instructions.

I just received a notice of non-payment (14-Day Notice to Quit). What should I do? Will I have to move out?

You will need to pay your rent within 14 days from the day you received the notice. If rent is not received after 14 days, you may be evicted. If you have already paid your rent, you may have received the notice in error. Please contact the Property Coordinator at your local site office for more information.

How do I place a maintenance request?

There are three ways to place a maintenance request:

• Call your local site office

• Email Please include your address and as much detail as possible.

• Find the information page for your building under the Residential Tab on our Website. Then, click “Maintenance Requests” on the left side bar. Fill out the form that appears on the page. Please include as much detail as possible.

Each of these methods will notify the Maintenance Department, who will dispatch the superintendent of your building, or other maintenance technician. If the office is closed and your request is not an emergency, our staff will respond on the next business day. If the office is closed and you have an emergency maintenance request, please call your local site office. Our Answering Service will respond and dispatch the On-Call Technician who is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Can I have an extra set of keys?

No, we only provide 1 set of keys per tenant listed on the lease. No extra keys will be given. If you have a new roommate, they will need fill out an application and be approved before we will give them keys.

I have a friend or relative who is visiting me for an extended period of time. Can I have an extra set of keys for them?

No, we only provide 1 set of keys per tenant listed on the lease. Unfortunately, you will need to give your guest access to your building and your apartment during their stay.

I lost my keys. What should I do?

Call your local site office for instructions.

Can I change my locks?

No, it is against the terms of your lease to change your locks. If you need to change your locks for any reason, please call your local site office to arrange it. Charges may apply.

The office is closed and I have a maintenance emergency. What should I do?

Call your local site office. Our Answering Service will respond and dispatch the On-Call Technician who is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

My apartment was broken into. What should I do?

First, call the police and file a report. Then, call your local site office. Our office staff will immediately dispatch your superintendent to assist you and repair any damages that resulted from the break-in.

My mail/a package is missing. Do you have it?

No, our office staff has been instructed not to touch mail/packages, not to receive packages on behalf of tenants, or otherwise get involved with mail/package delivery. If you suspect your mail/package is missing or has been stolen, please contact the carrier (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.) for more information.

I ordered something through the mail, but will not be home to receive it. Can I have it delivered to your office?

No, our office staff has been instructed not to receive packages on behalf of tenants. Please make other arrangements for the delivery of your package, such as having the package delivered to a friend, relative or your own office. If you will not be home to receive your package, you may have it delivered to your building, at your own risk. Please be advised that not all of our buildings have security cameras. We suggest asking the carrier (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.) to require a signature upon delivery.


How do I find an apartment?

You can do an apartment search on our website using your specific criteria to find the apartment that is right for you. Click the link of any address for more information about the building, or to find contact information of the appropriate leasing agent.

How do I apply for an apartment?

You can find instructions for applying to one of our apartments on the rental application page of our website.

What money is required to move in?

First month’s rent, last month’s rent and (if applicable) a full month security deposit are due at lease signing. The funds must be in the form of a money order or certified bank check. Unfortunately, we cannot accept personal checks for move-in funds.

Do you have any promotions or move-in specials? 

We do occasionally offer specials, which vary depending on the season and availability. Contact your local site office to enquire.

Do you run credit checks?

Yes, we check the credit of all prospective residents during the application process, prior to move-in.

Do you offer short-term leases or rent month-to-month?

No, we offer one-year leases only.

Do you accept low-income housing vouchers?

We accept Section 8 Housing vouchers or certificates only.

Are pets allowed in your buildings?

Unfortunately, pets are not allowed in most of our buildings. However, pets are allowed at the following buildings:

601 Albany Street, Boston
160 East Berkeley Street, Boston
Designated units at Dexter Park, 175-185 Freeman Street, in Brookline (2 pets maximum, 30 pound weight limit per pet)

Additionally, Property Managers will sometimes make an exception for one cat. Please contact your local site office for permission or further details.

Are your apartments de-leaded?

Most properties have had 10% of the units tested and are negative for lead paint. According to the Massachusetts State Lead Law, any units built before 1978 must be tested for lead paint if a child under the age of 7 will reside in the unit full time. If we do not have a Lead Paint Test on file, we will have the test completed before you move in. If the test is positive, the unit will be de-leaded before you move in. The use of lead paint ceased after 1978, so any units built after that year will automatically be negative for lead paint.

Are your apartments furnished?

Barring any specials listed on our index page at any given time no, our apartments are not furnished.

   Home   Residential   Commercial   Parking   Tenant Services   About Us   Contact Us
                                                                           © 2018 The Hamilton Company. All Rights Reserved.